Almost August  :  sketchbook page


July 31, 2017



Today I want to show you a short tutorial of a technique
that I used in my handmade sketchbook to paint this page.

sketchbook page

First, I gessoed the page with white gesso.
Let it dry and painted first layer with blue acrylic.
On top of blue I randomly laid strokes of green paint keeping the center clear. 
I used 3 shades of green to have some color variation.
Then added a couple of bright orange spots planning some flowers.

sketchbook page

After the paint dried I outlined leafy background with white pastel pencil. 
Painted the negative space with dark blue acrylics.

sketchbook page

Added some branches and missing parts..

sketchbook moment

Took a coffee break :)) 
and sketched some sitting figures on a separate paper to decide on a pose.
Painted the girl and flowers, added final details.

sketchbook page

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment