Just in time for cold weather

I love scrappy quits.
I love to throw lots of prints in one block, to mix colors, patterns,
textures and flavors and see how it is going to cook look together.
The idea for this quilt was to use up my collection of bits and pieces of brown prints 
I gathered over the years (about 10 of them) of my quilting. 
The Lone Star design is ideal for this purpose as it turned out.
I made 9 perfect stars, all spontaneous and different, no 
planning ahead, just like I love to do most of my quilts.

Brown Quilt

So for this season my house is equipped with chocolate and caramel inspired soft goodness.
I made it almost as big as a king size to be used as an everyday blanket
unless I make a new one for summer.
It has wool batting, oh baby!

Brown Quilt

The quilting part was a challenge, but I pushed through and finished. 
My machine did not like it, though!

Brown Quilt

Happy Holiday season, my quilting friends!

Brown Quilt

11 comments:

  1. It looks amazing Sofia, the perfect way to use your beautiful collection of brown fabrics. Great quilting too! I love the last photo, capturing the season well and your natural beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thank you so much! I wish you a happy holiday season!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that I found your blog! You have great quilts and amazing photos! With holidays, I wish you health and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое, Александра! Мне очень приятно! И вас поздравляю с наступащими праздниками и желаю всего самого хорошего!

      Delete
  3. Соня, какой волшебный квилт!!! Люблю твоё все ужасающе :)) Я совсем закрутилась и не заходила к тебе сто лет. И теперь ощущаю, как бессмысленно было потеряно время.
    Квилт ПРЕКРАСНЫЙ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Спасибо большое, Нина! Мне очень приятно! Поздравляю с Новым Годом и желаю тебе швейного счастья!

      Delete
    2. Спасибо! Швейное счастье - это отличное выражение. :) И тебе того же непременно!

      Delete
  4. I have just discovered your blog and beautiful art and quilts through a photo someone had faved on Flickr. I absolutely adore this quilt, the colours are just stunning, so nice to see brown being used too. Looking forward to more inspiration from you this year.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything your hands touch becomes a beautiful work of magic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mix it of colors, and fabric choices which are unusual but work together. What texture! What a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! I feel flattered to have compliments on my quilting from a great quilter as yourself!

      Delete