2015 : Introduction

The new 2015 year has just begun and I thought it was appropriate to write an introductory post for my new visitors and followers. 
My name is Sofia, I am a Ukrainian-American living in Las Vegas, Nevada for the last 15 years. 
Before that I lived in Ukraine where I was born and raised. 
I love the two countries very much and the experience of living in both worlds gives me the chance to see a bigger picture. 
My background is a mix of art, science and crafts. 
Having degree in Civil Engineering allows a nerd in me to love lines, details and proportions. 
The creative side of me loves colors, textures and textiles. 
I am a self-taught artist and a quilter.
My inspiration comes from world cultures, artists' sketchbooks, modern art, music, movies and what I can see in the window. 
I am amazed by creativity of the world wide artistic community. 
  
This blog is my informal portfolio on 
-illustration
-pattern design
-sewing

12-26-14

Last year I fell in love with the world of pattern design, which is closely 
related to my all time passion for fabric and everything made with fabric. 
This year I will continue my exploration of the 
endless and exciting possibilities of patterns and I will be blogging 
about it among all my usual topics. 
And of course, I will make more quilts! 

sofiya.moore@gmail.com

TUMBLR

INSTAGRAM

FLICKR

FACEBOOK

PINTEREST


4 comments:

  1. Lovely to learn a little about yourself and your background. Each of your areas of interest works well with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New year Sofia, wishing you a creative 2015, looking forward to following all of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to learn more about you. I love your illustrations. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your lovely art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ast Jahr habe ich mich in die Welt des Design-Muster, die eng ist meine ganze Zeit die Leidenschaft für Stoffe und alles mit Stoff bezogen.

    fifa-munzen.de

    FIFA 15 Münzen


    ReplyDelete