July 10, 2014

In progress : Hexagon Quilt

I am loving this bright and kitschy texture. 
It reminds me of the times when I was little and played with my friends with dolls and their tiny handmade doll dresses. We made a community wardrobe for all our dolls so they could exchange their clothes and mix and match different pieces.  I still remember some of the floral fabrics those dresses where made from! I think one of my friend's mom was a seamstress and provided with lots of fun little leftovers for making doll clothes. 
Such fun and pleasant memories! 
For now this quilt is all pinned and ready to be quilted.
By hand or by machine - I still have to decide.

Red and blue hexagon quilt

My cat on the quilt

10 comments:

  1. I love it! You have combined these brights beautifully! Rich and happy - it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a hexie template to cut all these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I did use a plastic template.

      Delete
  3. Patchworks like this fill me with joy!! :) ( Love your kitty! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love to hear such a nice comment!

      Delete
  4. I could spend hours just looking at all these textures. It reminds me of a kaleidoscope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to stare at fabric, I hung one of my quilts in the bedroom with the purpose to see it first thing I am awake.:)) Makes me happy to look at all different patterns and colors.

      Delete
  5. what a gorgeous kaleidoscope of colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt so much. The colors you chose are so vibrant. Absolutely gorgeous. And so is your kitty.

    ReplyDelete