Drawing flowers

I am so inspired by lush flora of Maui, where we stayed for 1 week last week, that I think I have enough material for sketching, drawing and painting for the rest of the year! I wish I could stay there longer or become a bird and live in a botanical garden forever! 
I drew the hibiscus flower in graphite and got carried away. 
It is now an illustration for IF's topic "Tension".
Here is a flower in progress and the final drawing made it to the header of my blog!

Pencil flower

Here are some photographs I have taken while wandering around in awe in the local Maui botanical garden  (which is located off of the way to Hana, btw)

Flowers of Hawaii
Flowers of Hawaii
Flowers of Hawaii

4 comments:

  1. Your lines are beautiful !!! I love black and white pencil or pen! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love the header!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute idea and wonderful line work *chapeau*

    ReplyDelete