One year ago today..

I always like to think about what was going on in my life in any random day one year ago.
So, last winter in January I was in Moscow visiting my family.
As I remember now, my major desire was to spend as much time as possible with my Dad and the second intention was to get as much snow as possible.

1-31-13 

And that was what I had been doing there for 2 weeks. 
We took long walks in the Moscow parks everyday, talked and observed the snowy views around.
  
1-31-13

I cleared my head by thinking about nothing 
and hearing only the sound of my boots crunching the icy path.
It was more tranquil and healing than the stereotypical
 "tropical-paradise-lying-on-the-beach" thing.
It was so good  that I made a realization that it is some kind of measurement 
of being happy for me  - 
1 Hour of Walk in the Snow equals 1 Unit of Happiness.
I can measure now the amount of happiness I experience any time using this unit.
Like, let's say -Seeing my daughter graduate with a degree in Architecture -
 would equal 2 of those units:)

1-31-13

The city of Moscow was cluttered and polluted as any big city in the world and I avoided being there. 
Only time we went to the tourist' part was to visit the museum to see the famous paintings.
The art is rich in Moscow and it is worth to fight the traffic and crowded rooms to see the famous samples  and spend a day walking the galleries. I did that, too and it was precious time,
but I loved the snow better.

1-31-13

1-31-13

8 comments:

  1. Now I'm thinking I should add Moscow to my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good idea, I would not put it on top, though.. Somewhere on bottom..:)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeos pictures. Everything looks so tranquil and serene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha! There were places that I did not expect to find in such huge and hectic city. They preserve the parcels that are former royal estates turned into museums with well kept parks and botanical gardens.

      Delete
  3. wow Sofia, Moscow looks stunning. I had a friend from Russia when I lived in England. Aside from her great mood, I do remember Russian vodka :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I miss the snowy winters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moscow reminds me the best time in my life, being young, curious, willing to learn an deplore. It is indeed one of the most fascinating city in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Sofia. xoxo. Your first photo was my favorite. I love love love traveling vicariously through others. Thank you for sharing your units of happiness. :-)

    ReplyDelete