New sewing project.

1-12-13

I immersed myself in fabrics and started this new project that I have been planning for months.
 Since the beginning of January I planned, sketched, collected fabrics, cut, sew and made some progress
on this job that I cannot reveal yet (because it is a surprise for somebody)
and can show only the segments just to keep a journal of it.
I am amazed by how fabric manipulations work for me in a way similar to what I feel while using colors to paint - I feel free, happy and focused.
This is the state of mind I want to stay for the rest of the year..

1-12-13

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see this project completed. I think what you described is a person who find his forte and calling. I'm very happy for you.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait to see it finished as well! Should be something little different from what I have done so far...

      Delete
  2. Sofia I look forward to seeing the finished product. You're very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am trying to test some other limits this year, got too many ideas and only two hands!:)

      Delete
  3. Sofia, I think this quilt will be amazing. I am loving the colors on it already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ana! This is a first attempt to work in this technique and I am still not sure about the final look:)

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely, and I am guessing that "surprised someone" will love it. It appears that you are working with batiks. I just adore batiks.

    frannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Frannie! Yes, I selected to use mostly the batiks and am addicted now, they are so delicious!

      Delete
  5. free, happy, and focused - wonderful things! i really like that splash of purple next to green. can't wait to see how it turns out. lucky for your friend! what a very thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look forward to see this project finished, looks like beautiful. Hope you keep your mood the whole year

    ReplyDelete