Pumpkin Pie today

Today I took a courage to make a Pumpkin Pie for the first time!
The thing is this dessert is not of a "traditional" cooking for my Ukrainian background, where a pumpkin is a bare decoration piece of a village life  and a snack for cattle. But I have been very curious about this very popular treat and even mastered Pumpkin Soup recently...
So today I picked a recipe from the wide world of internet and went on experimenting.. 

collage 10-14-12

7


You will need:
Filling
Half of a medium pumpkin
1 tbls brown sugar
pinch of cinnamon powder, cardamon and nutmeg powder
1 egg
1 tbls of flour

Crust
2 handful of dates
1 1/2 handful of walnuts
1 1/2 handful of oats
1 slice of ginger
salt
1/2 tsp of olive oil

Bake pumpkin cubes at 350 F till soft.
Prepare the crust by processing crust ingredients and spreading over the wax paper in the pie form. Leave in the fridge for 30 min. 
Process the cooked skinless pumpkin with spices, sugar and the rest filling ingredients till smooth. Cool down and pour over the chilled pie crust. Even out the filling, bake another 20-25 min at 350F. When done, let it cool and for the best result keep in the fridge for couple hours to solidify. 

Soo, it turned out very very tasty. The filling itself was heavenly good right after I blended it, it was good enough to it without going further. But the pie even after being in the fridge overnight was little too mushy, but tasty.
I think, I forgot to add flour to the filling..
Oh well, I am still looking for that Perfect Pumpkin Pie Recipe!








2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! I am not a fan of pumpkin pie but then again I never tried this recipe before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very interesting recipe. I will try it. I like it's all a good ingrediances because I use to make it from the canned pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete